Eagan, MN 55121 US
- Contract Duration: 6 months
- Worksite Location: Eagan, MN
The main function of a Desktop Technician is to research, design, develop, and test computer or computer-related equipment for commercial, industrial, military, or scientific use. A typical Desktop Technician is responsible for supervising the manufacturing and installation of computer or computer-related equipment and components.
What you’ll do as a Desktop Technician:
- Update knowledge and skills to keep up with rapid advancements in computer technology
- Provide technical support to designers, marketing and sales departments, suppliers, engineers, and other team members throughout the product development and implementation process
- Test and verify hardware and support peripherals to ensure that they meet specifications and requirements, by recording and analyzing test data
- Monitor the functioning of equipment and make necessary modifications to ensure the system operates in conformance with specifications
- Analyze information to determine, recommend, and plan layout, including type of computers and peripheral equipment modifications
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field or equivalent training/education
- 2-4+ years of customer service-related experience
- Strong problem-solving, customer service, and interpersonal skills
- Basic knowledge of circuit boards, processors, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software
- Knowledge of computer software, such as configuration management software, desktop communications software, operating system software, and internet directory services software
As an equal-opportunity employer, Dahl Consulting welcomes candidates of all backgrounds and experiences to apply. If this position sounds like the right opportunity for you, we encourage you to take the next step and connect with us. We look forward to meeting you!