Senior Inventory Accountant
Minneapolis, MN 55438 US
Looking for a new job opportunity in the Twin Cities? Check out this role! Dahl Consulting is currently partnering with a leader in the engineering and manufacturing industry. We work one-on-one with great candidates to help connect them with local employment opportunities. This company is hiring a Senior Inventory Accountant for a permanent position! Interested? Get more details below.
- Worksite Location: Minneapolis, MN
The Senior Inventory Accountant role conducts studies provided to cost information not supplied by general accounting systems including building, running, and analyzing reports and providing suggestions to further increase the profitability and decrease risk for the organization, especially in regards to inventory practices.
What you’ll do as the Senior Inventory Accountant:
- Analyze changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods, or services to determine effects on costs including efficiency and rates
- Analyze, process, and coordinate with the Engineering Department on Prototypes, First Articles, and Engineering Change Notices
- Assist with issues and changes to bills of materials in the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system
- Analyze actual manufacturing costs and prepare reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs
- Prepare detailed inventory analyses and aging reports identifying net realizable values
- Oversee physical inventory exercise and cycle counting program and the results of each
- Prepare recommendations for policy, procedure, control, and action based on the results of large-volume data analysis
- Monitor, analyze, and identify excess and obsolete inventories to see if they can be returned to vendors, sold, donated, or scrapped
- Comply with cost information to be used in operating budget presentations
- Make estimates of new and proposed product or service costs
- Provide management with reports specifying and comparing factoring affecting prices and profitability of products or services
- Identify trends and recommends improvements accordingly
- Reconcile inventory sub-ledger to general ledger
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred
- 2+ years of experience in Cost Accounting in an ERP environment
- 2+ years of experience in processing large amounts of data in Microsoft Excel
- Proficiency in reading and writing in English
- Analytical mindset with strong problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated integrity and able to present findings and recommended solutions
- Proven experience working and communicating effectively with all levels of employees
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of individuals
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
Take the first step on your new career path! To submit yourself for consideration for this role, simply click the apply button and complete our mobile-friendly online application. Once we’ve reviewed your application details, a recruiter will reach out to you with the next steps! For questions or more information about this role, please call our office at (651) 772-9225.
As an equal-opportunity employer, Dahl Consulting welcomes candidates of all backgrounds and experiences to apply. If this position sounds like the right opportunity for you, we encourage you to take the next step and connect with us. We look forward to meeting you!