Senior Tax & Treasury Accountant
St. Cloud, MN 56301 US
Take the next step in your tax and accounting career with this senior finance position. Dahl Consulting is currently partnering with a leading company in the transportation industry. We work one-on-one with great candidates to help connect them with local employment opportunities. This company is hiring a Senior Tax & Treasury Accountant for a permanent position! Interested? Get more details below!
- Worksite Location: On-site in St. Cloud, MN
- Salary: $80,000-$105,000 annually, based on skills & experience
Senior Tax & Treasury Accountant Job Summary
The Senior Tax and Treasury Accountant is responsible for treasury management and investment accounting, creating tax accounting records for fixed assets for this company and its affiliates, accounting, and filing of personal and property taxes for the various locations and states, completing and filing various US Census Bureau and state reports.
What you'll do as the Senior Tax & Treasury Accountant:
- Manage the tracking of all tax reporting related to fixed assets (trucks, trailers, equipment, etc.) for all ATS and affiliate companies from purchase to disposal.
- Track purchases, sales and taxable distributions and any activity of company investments we have with the various financial institutions and complete corresponding Journal Entries. Record monthly accrual of property taxes, make adjustments as needed and pay semi- annually.
- Execute specific accounting functions for the Germany and Puerto Rico offices including; monthly sales tax returns, quarterly estimated personal property tax payments, quarterly corporate tax payments, creation of yearend balance sheet, income statement and oversee their annual audit.
- Prepare and process German and Puerto Rico paperwork regarding volume of business return, carrier license renewals and assist with total waivers.
- Gather, prepare and file the various reports requested by the U.S. Census Bureau i.e.; Report of Organization, Annual Business Survey, Annual Capital Expenditures survey, Annual Services Survey and Quarterly Services Summary report.
- Collaborate with external parties regarding miscellaneous tax returns and estimates, i.e.; Canadian Tax Treaty returns, Form 720 filings, Commercial Activity Tax returns along with providing various financial statements, depreciation projections and quarterly addition/disposal estimates.
- Complete and file various U.S. State and Canadian Providence reports, some monthly, quarterly, bi-annually and annually, including business renewals, licenses, and general financial reporting.
- Accrue and file personal property taxes and for all required states.
- Prepare periodic tax filings to be sent to various state agencies.
- Convert foreign currency financial information to US dollars and integrate into ATS financial systems.
- Administer and function as the main contact for the Commercial Electronic Office (CEO) program from Wells Fargo used for all banking functions from cash receipts, accounts payable and Wells Fargo Investments.
- Track aircraft engine and non-engine repairs and record airplane rental charges for all St. Cloud companies.
- Monitor aircraft leases and assist in coordinating plane purchases.
- Reconcile the current outstanding lease expense.
- Reconcile ATS payroll bank account on a monthly basis.
What you will bring to the role as a Senior Tax & Treasury Accountant:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a 4-year college or university; or 5+ years related experience and/or training; equivalent combination of education and experience in Business / Accounting.
- Solid understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Excellent knowledge in Tax Accounting and tax principles.
- Strong communication skills (written, listening and verbal).
- Must be analytical with the ability to apply data.
- Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality and trust.
- Must be proficient in responding to internal and external customer situations, responding to customer needs as required.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple deadlines in a busy environment.
- Must be able to both think creatively and provide creative contributions to projects.
- Willing and able to travel occasionally, including overnight travel.
Take the first step on your new career path! To submit yourself for consideration for this role, simply click the apply button and complete our mobile-friendly online application. Once we've reviewed your application details, a recruiter will reach out to you with next steps! For questions or more information about this role, please call our office at (651) 772-9225.
As an equal opportunity employer, Dahl Consulting welcomes candidates of all backgrounds and experiences to apply. If this position sounds like the right opportunity for you, we encourage you to take the next step and connect with us. We look forward to meeting you!