Site Safety & Health Manager
Dubuque, IA 52099 US
Bring your safety and health experience to this dynamic company! Dahl Consulting is currently partnering with a leading building materials company. We work one-on-one with great candidates to help connect them with employment opportunities. This company is hiring a Site Safety & Health Manager for a permanent role! Interested? Get more details below!
- Worksite Location: Dubuque, IA
Site Safety & Health Manager Job Description:
The purpose of this role is to lead, manage, and deploy the Health, Environmental, and Safety Strategies within multi-plant operations by utilizing EH&S data to help better understand the condition of this company’s Safety Program.
What you will do as a Site Safety & Health Manager:
- Supervise a team encompassing Environmental, Health Services, or Workers Comp, ensuring site-specific compliance in collaboration with Enterprise-level functional leadership.
- Oversee safety and environmental training programs, including incident investigation, lockout/tagout, and hazardous waste management.
- Build and develop an effective team focused on Hazard Elimination, Incident Reduction, and Behavior Management.
- Partner with organizations to provide preventative occupational health care and lead First Responders in ensuring timely health attention.
- Collaborate with Plant and Operations Managers, driving process improvements and ensuring adherence to corporate policies.
- Provide Safety leadership on the Plant Leadership Team, ensuring policy adherence, audits, and timely corrective actions.
- Manage actions for injury prevention, incident rates, workers' compensation costs, and progress towards a World Class Safety Culture.
- Ensure compliance with environmental regulations, managing records, generating reports, and overseeing inspections.
- Analyze records, develop metrics, and lead activities for continuous environmental improvement.
What you will bring to the role as a Site Safety & Health Manager:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in safety, engineering, or environment management is required. Master’s degree in Environmental Health and Safety preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of Safety Management experience supporting a large site (700 people or larger) with multiple locations.
- Must be able to develop, deploy, and improve Safety System concepts, techniques, and standards while influencing and supporting Operations Leadership teams.
- Well-versed in Safety Committee processes and methodologies with the ability to adapt accordingly to the needs of the business.
- Experience managing a team of Site Safety Specialists, Safety Technicians and Occupational Health Specialists
- Experience managing in a matrixed organization.
- Technical knowledge/experience of OSHA, NFPA, NEC, ANSI code regulations and compliance
- Minimum of 3+ years of formal leadership experience managing direct reports
- Experience leading behavior-based safety programs.
Take the first step on your new career path! To submit yourself for consideration for this role, simply click the apply button and complete our mobile-friendly online application. Once we’ve reviewed your application details, a recruiter will reach out to you with the next steps! For questions or more information about this role, please call our office at (651) 772-9225.
As an equal-opportunity employer, Dahl Consulting welcomes candidates of all backgrounds and experiences to apply. If this position sounds like the right opportunity for you, we encourage you to take the next step and connect with us. We look forward to meeting you!