Underwriter - Habitational Insurance Program
Remote, CO 80237 US
Seeking a new remote job opportunity? Don’t miss this role! Dahl Consulting is currently partnering with a leader in the insurance industry. We work one-on-one with great candidates to help connect them with local employment opportunities. This company is hiring an Underwriter for a permanent position! Interested? Get more details below.
- Worksite Location: Remote
- Compensation: $125,000 per year
The Underwriter will be responsible for reviewing, underwriting, and rating broker submissions for new and renewal business. This position will ensure the content of submissions is complete and market to carriers to obtain quotes, negotiate pricing, define coverage, and determine commissions.
What you’ll do as an Underwriter:
- Underwrite a book of business both new and renewal in accordance with underwriting guidelines
- Analyze policies and endorsements to identify errors, omissions, or discrepancies to ensure agreement with application, quote, proposal, and/or binder
- Analyze inspection reports to accept or reject new business
- Issue policies and endorsements; bind coverage and coordinate binders/evidence
- Maintain and manage coverage bordereaux
- Coordinate the preparation of policy delivery with all related documents
- Maintain files for submissions and written or lost business
- Maintain client suspense and conduct follow-ups as appropriate
- Comply with agency management system data standards and data integrity (enters and maintains complete and accurate information)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 6+ years of related work experience; knowledge of the insurance industry preferred
- Valid insurance license; must continue to meet requirements for license renewal
- Valid driver’s license
- Good customer service skills, including telephone and listening skills
- Good problem-solving and time-management skills
- Excellent planning, organizational, and prioritization skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
As an equal-opportunity employer, Dahl Consulting welcomes candidates of all backgrounds and experiences to apply. If this position sounds like the right opportunity for you, we encourage you to take the next step and connect with us. We look forward to meeting you!
Our client is proud to provide comprehensive, high quality employee programs to meet employees’ needs now and in the future, including comprehensive medical, dental, vision, FSA, 401k, EAP, etc.